Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Halloween and Josie


In October I felt a pang in my heart to rescue a kitty from a shelter. I had been wanting one for months, and found a website where you can see the little darlings they've brought in each week. The little girl I picked out was spunky and playful and curious about everything.

Casting aside all fears of becoming a "cat lady", I decided to make her a Halloween costume. My mom taught me to crochet when I was little, and I haven't progressed much beyond simple rows. I bought a crochet pattern book once, but the patterns and abbreviations were so confusing that I never conquered any of them. This little costume was easy to make and hard to put on... but Josie humored me long enough to snap a couple pictures.



I can't wait to make another one next year... probably not crocheted though!

No comments: