Tuesday, February 3, 2009

When the 80s go digital


Last Christmas I wanted to surprise my family by converting all of our old home video cassettes into dvds. My fiance has done this kind of thing before, so I snuck into my parents house while they were away and grabbed our home movies. About 20 hours of playing, converting, editing, rendering, and burning later... we had one hour's worth of movie on dvd.

I had no idea it would take so much time. But my beloved K was patient with me through the whole process. He even created a custom dvd cover out of stills from the video. One look at the cover and my mom was in tears.


We used a formac to convert the VHS into a digital file, then created a dvd in iMovie. But it was the first and last video we converted...

Does anyone have a good system for converting old VHS tapes into dvds?

No comments: